2011 Kawasaki KLX 140L
Bill of Sale
- Engine: Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single
- Displacement: 144cc
- Bore x Stroke: 58.0 x 54.4mm
- Compression ratio: 9.5:1
- Cooling System: Air
- Carburetion: Keihin PB20
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame Type: High-Tensile steel, box-section perimeter
- Rake/Trail: 27 deg. / 3.8 in.
- Front suspension: 33mm telescopic fork
- Front wheel travel: 7.1 in.
- Rear suspension: UNI-TRAK® linkage system and single shock with piggyback reservoir, fully adjustable preload and 22-way rebound damping
- Rear wheel travel: 7.1 in.
- Front Tire Size: 70/100-19
- Rear Tire Size: 90/100-16
- Front brakes: Single 220mm petal disc with a dual-piston caliper
- Rear brakes: Single 186mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Overall length: 74.6 in.
- Overall width: 31.1 in.
- Overall height: 42.3 in.
- Ground clearance: 10.0 in.
- Seat height: 31.5 in.
- Curb weight: 209.4 lbs.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Color Choices: Lime Green
- Warranty: 6 months base warranty
144 CC Air Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
- Reliable and easy to use lightweight engine is both simple to operate and to maintain
- Bore and stroke of 58.0 x 54.4mm
- Engine revs easily and allows riders to use the full rpm range of the engine up to the rev limiter at 10,500 rpm
- Exhaust pipe is curved to achieve optimum length for good power character yet remain unobtrusive
- Quiet muffler is equipped with a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrester, meaning the KLX140L can access designated public off-road riding areas
- Oil-moistened air-filter is washable, reusable, easily accessed and highly effective in dusty situations
- Starting is via a (keyless) electric starter button on the handlebar
- Orange LED light activates when the power button is depressed, indicating that power is “ON”
- Digital CDI ignition helps ensure quick, reliable starting
- Oval piston-valve Keihin PB20 carburetor features several Kawasaki-original modifications to provide stable fuel delivery under rough off-road conditions
- Partitions in the float chamber keep the fuel from sloshing excessively and an umbrella around the main jet traps fuel when jumping
- Dual air vents help provide a stable fuel supply and eliminate hesitation, even when the bike is at extreme lean angles
- Needle valve is suspended on a spring which acts like a shock absorber
- Float is rubber instead of plastic
- Close gear ratios help the acceleration performance of the KLX
- Like the KX trade; models, the shift lever features a ball bearing to ease shifting and has a folding tip for less damage in a crash
Progressive Manual Clutch
- Manual clutch offers young riders the chance to master clutch engagement and gear shifting
- A spring damper in the clutch gives it a two-stage engagement that permits half-clutch use when riding at extremely low rpm or idling speeds and helps provide direct clutch feel and better durability
Box-section Perimeter Frame
- Ready for the off-road abuse, the highly rigid, KX-inspired high-tensile steel perimeter frame also uses the same upper tubes as the KLX250S
- Aluminum swingarm offers light weight, strength and a hairline finish like on the KX machines
- KX-style chain adjusters allow precise adjustment of the chain
- 33mm telescopic front fork has spring rates and damping settings specific to each model
- Intended for a higher average speed, the KLX140L features a rear shock with piggyback reservoir with fully adjustable preload, 4-way compression damping and 22-way rebound damping
- Strong, high-grade die-cast hubs that offer the same durability as those found on the KX
- Durable, lightweight RK EXCEL aluminum rims on the 19/16-inch front/rear wheels
Petal Disc Brakes Front and Rear
- Front 220mm petal disc and large-bore 27mm twin-piston caliper (same size as those on the KX450F/250F) for strong and easy-to-control braking
- Rear brake uses a 186mm petal disc gripped by a 27mm single-piston caliper
- Rear brake master cylinder features a large-volume, unitized reservoir that contributes to stable braking and helps ensure sufficient fluid pressure is maintained, even when the brake pad wears down
- In addition to helping reduce unsprung weight, the wave shapes of the petal discs help clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance
- Combination of the flat surface of the frame's box-section, long footpegs mounted close to the bikes' centerline and no kick-start lever add up to good grip and a high level of machine control available to the rider
- Footpeg/frame relationship is modeled after the KX for maximum leg grip
- Handlebar is rubber-mounted for reduced vibration transferred to the rider's hands
- Two-piece upper triple clamp and handle clamp fosters easy aftermarket handlebar installation
- Raised pattern on half of the surface of the grips just like the top-class MX racers
- Two-tone seat cover has a slip-resistant top surface for good grip when seated and smooth sides for excellent rider mobility when standing
Sharp, Aggressive Bodywork Styling
- Box-section perimeter frame, with advanced styling similar to that found on the KX racers
- Two-piece shrouds with ventilation holes inspired by the top-of-the-line KX race machines
- Fuel tank cover provides a flush transition from tank to shroud, and contributes to the high level fit and finish
- Eye-catching box muffler design protrudes as little as possible from behind the side cover, and features a plastic muffler end-cap that offers a surface cooler to the touch than steel
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single
- Bore and Stroke
- 58.0 x 54.4mm
- Compression Ratio
- Front Suspension
- 33mm telescopic fork
- Front Brakes
- Single 220mm petal disc with a dual-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- UNI-TRAK® linkage system and single shock with piggyback reservoir, fully adjustable preload and 22-way rebound damping
- Rear Brakes
- Single 186mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- 209.4 lbs.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.5 gal.
- 50.6 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.5 in.
- 3.8 in.
- 27 deg.
- Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch
- Final Drive
- Lime Green
- 6 months base warranty